Friday, February 25, 2011

WHO'S READY FOR SOME SCIENCE!!!

I am!

I got the go ahead for my itty bitty day camp from the boss-man, who said that we can get me a little grant when I apply for it, so that's good, now I just have to write and submit the thing. We don't need money right this moment, but I'd like to know that the group will be supplied with iron nails and insulated wire for a bit longer. The experiments and posters are all set and assembled- I just need to add color to the posters that I made, but I can get that done over the weekend. Vanessa is coming up next Tuesday to help set up and teach- and by this time next week, we will be on our way to Mzuzu so I can buy more fabric for Umoza, and she can go to some meeting.

Umoza is going just fine- and the other women's group, the one that meets on Wednesdays is also just fine. They have started turning a profit on home made peanut brittle which they store in my house at night when it rains. Yeah, guess who their #1 customer is...

Also, as of yesterday, all but one of the puppies are GONE! This is a good thing. One puppy is cute, five puppies are a pain in the ass.

so that's about it in the world of Melissa. The world is puddle wonderful and green, things are good.

beeb

No comments: