Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Science and Technology Club Part II

Hey all! So after a weekend at the beach to celebrate a friend's birthday, I'm back and really getting into preparing for next week's break when (drumroll please...) I am going to have a day camp for the Sci/Tech club! What?! Yeah, it is a week long break, and yes, I am going to spend it fiddling around with science experiments with my students. Don't judge.

Most of the experiments I'll be presenting/ letting kids mess with come courtesy of Kitty and her amazing science kits! My favorite was definitely the kit that showed you how to make little things like a battery operated motor out of wire and paper clips, or another one which used the concept of electromagnets to create a telegraph machine. The solar cars are also awesome, I kept looking outside in hopes that the sun would come out so I could test them. Hope and pray for sun next week!

This is how the camp will go- I have 5 main topics: sound, flight, electricity, magnets, and solar. The magnet activity will be next to the electricity activity so I can save time with the electromagnets. Each subject has about 5 activities to go with it, so the camp will either need to happen over the course of 2 days, or I'll need help (I have friends who are maybe coming though, keep your fingers crossed). Either way, I'm excited! I feel like Esther.

No comments: