Monday, September 20, 2010

Break In Round 2

So remember when I had a break in a few months ago and they took my buckets? This makes that look really, really stupid. Thieves came into my house this weekend while I was at a trade fair at my site mate's house and they took everything of use or value. Laptop- gone, phone charger- gone, towels, donated markers for the school, things my women's group sewed that I was going to sell, sewing kits, half of all my clothes, all of my shoes, food, gone gone gone. They took every bag, backpack and satchel, they even took my pillow case (probably to shove more stuff into).

The list is really long, but it is at the police station at the moment.

The worst part is that my phone fell out of my bag on my way to the trade fair, and so I can't even get phone calls from home, or text any of my friends here about it to get a little support- and they took all my money, so I am having trouble buying food. I get paid again in October, but how can I get to Mzuzu to get that money out? My friend let me borrow his old phone to get a new sim card for to use until I can afford my own- but that was before I knew all my money was gone, so I don't know how I'll afford a new sim card.

I'm lonesome, I don't want to go home, but this sucks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are probably going to flip when you see the awesome jacket I am sending you. It is a plastic-y windbreaker and has a map of the world on it. Ridiculous. It will turn you into a walking globe! I'm going to search the house for the matching ballcap...
also have two pairs of shoes (both brown and well worn- comfy and flat) pair of overalls, bright orange thin cardigan sweater thing, an over the shoulder bag, and im still hunting for an ipod charger and rain poncho.
Facebook me by friday if you think of any food items you are longing for. Otherwise, I will check with your mother one last time. Toodles cousin! xoxo, Gracie