Saturday, September 4, 2010

Birthday 2010

Yesterday, I woke up in a bed, ate cereal and toast with jam. I went to the Peace Corps offices and talked to my boss who, after verifying it was indeed my birthday, gave me a few kwacha for lunch (yippie!). We bought meat and cheese and fried up some burgers, which I ate with fries and beer. I stood out on the balcony of Mufasas and talked with my friends. Later, the electricity went out, so my birthday cake was still gooey and amazing. Finally, I went to sleep because I was exhausted. I woke up this morning, drank a coffee, watched some Batman, took a shower, and am now in the Peace Corps offices reading birthday messages- Bridget made me a video of everyone singing me Happy Birthday, which made me feel really cool and scifi, like I was a space explorer or something. Then, just now, I found an MSU t-shirt in the 'I don't want box'.

Best. Day. Ever.

Thanks for all of the birthday wishes everyone, it was a wonderful birthday. Who knew getting rabies shots would lead to this?

No comments: