Monday, August 16, 2010

Camp Sky!

Hello everyone, I am posting from dusty Kasungu where I am helping to prepare the camp sky campus! Thank you all for your support- and if you donated and would like a thank-you card from me and my students, just post your name and address in my comments section, and we will make you a card!

Things here have been good, we've been working hard cleaning out classrooms and dorms for the kids- I am looking forward to the sewing lessons that I'm doing with my friend Jamie and my Batiking class with Esther. We are also semi-planning a run through of Romeo and Juilet for the kids, because even though the play is on their syllabus, most Malawian students haven't seen it (or read it in its entirety for that matter).

The kids come tomorrow, so excited!

Also, we are still accepting funding- any surplus funds go toward next year's camp sky, which I will also send students to, so don't worry, it all goes to a good cause. The link below is still the camp sky link:

http://www.friendsofmalawi.org/grants/how_to_donate.html

Yewu Ukongwa! I'll post later this week with updates about how it is going.

1 comment:

gomsu1988 said...

And pictures! Have fun!
Kitty