Monday, December 28, 2009

Re-Supply part 2

So the reason I'm updating two days in a row is because I had to stay in Mzuzu to do my banking (note: 10,000 MK is only enough to live off of for 4 weeks), and transport is such a hassle that I ended up staying the night, because otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get home before dark after all of my chores were done. I had a really good time getting my bearings- a lot of PCVs were in the area and did a lot to help show me around, so thanks guys!

I went a little crazy buying fabric and other things for my house- when I gome home this afternoon I'm going to be sewing up a storm, sitting in my new chief's chair, admiring my bawo board, lookin' all swank. I don't plan on coming to Mzuzu all that often, because I don't like being away from site, but it is nice to know that I can come here, and know my way around. There is a great hostel that lets Peace Corps volunteers camp for free now that the transit house is gone (RIP transit houses)- the only trade is that they want you to eat and drink there, which isn't a problem, because they have delicious burgers.

Chris, if you are still planning on visiting this summer (which I hope you are), I have the coolest trip in mind, so make sure you get all of your shots, passport and travel visa stuff in order. I was walking through the market thinking about how cool it was, and how much I want to show you the stuff here- so get on it.

I love you guys, and happy 2010!

3 comments:

gomsu1988 said...

Do have a sewing machine? Or do you do it all by hand?

CL Reed said...

I can just imagine what your new digs will look like. I can see the Obama print curtains now...

Pat said...

I want your house to be a little Ikea away from Ikea.