Tuesday, February 16, 2010

February in Paradise

in the words of my site mate Mel, who is a very wise woman, "we live in a tropical fucking paradise". And we do.

This past weekend, I went down the road to get to know some of the other volunteers in my area at the afore mentioned site mate's house- we had a blast. She lives really close to the beach and had an amazing time lazing around on the sand, lake Malawi is gorgeous and we had the whole beach to ourselves- how's that for a Peace Corps experience? I got a baby sunburn, but it is gone now.

I think that we all need to have a collective moment of silence for all of the Peace Corps volunteers in countries that are currently buried in snow.

Hector the puppy went too, and had a great time hanging out. I swear, she just keeps getting bigger- I can't wait until she stops peeing on everything, and I can start using my floor again. My mom asked why I didn't name her Bob like I originally said I was going to- well, I decided one Bob was enough, quite frankly.

Life isn't all fun and games I guess- this week was exams, so I had to moderate those, and I am proud to say that the library OFFICIALLY looks AMAZING and I can't wait to put pictures up of it so you can all see how great it looks.

That's pretty much it- though I want to give a shout out to my girl Alice, who I just learned is reading this! What up danger? The address I sent definitely works.

3 comments:

CL Reed said...

One Bob is TOO much. I check on your weather forecast periodically, and it makes me jealous.

Pat said...

Does it have to be only Peace Corps volunteers? There are many miserable, snow-covered people out that.

You are so insensitive.

Beeper said...

sorry pat, I should have thought about you