Friday, December 31, 2010

Home Again

Hey everyone!

I am officially back in Malawi! *cheering & clapping*

My flights weren't so bad, and though I wasn't able to drag myself out of the Amsterdam airport to walk around the city- I did have a hell of a nap in their aptly named 'cozy lounge'. I know that my trip back to Chintheche is going to be hot and uncomfortable, but at least the end is in sight- tomorrow evening, I will (hopefully) be reunited with my beloved Hector, and I'll be able to start getting back to a normal type life... kind of.

Thank You so much to everyone who visited me while I was in the US- and triple that if you fed me. I'm going to miss you all, but my trip was good I think, because it helped me remember what I'm doing here in Malawi.

As for tonight, New Years Eve, I am in the city of Lilongwe, but I think I'm going to end up crashing. I see a pillow in my immediate future.

Alright, love to all :)
Melissa

1 comment:

Patricia Mac Donell said...

I was sad to have missed your call from the airport... I tried calling right back with no luck. Glad you're home in one piece. I'm planning to ring in the New Year with all my Klingon friends so should go.... Love you, Mom