Monday, October 18, 2010

GRE count down, 6 more days

Hey all! Sorry to anyone who has been trying to phone and hasn't been able to get through, my new phone SUCKS. I don't know what else to say but keep trying.

I am still studying for the GRE- I feel like I am going to do ok- apparently the hardest part for most people is the verbal section, but due to my extreme nerdiness I have never had a problem with words, so I'm not stressing on it- I'm worried about the Math section. Math, my lifelong nemesis- my Achilles heel, my Everest... you get the picture. I'm at the point in my studying now where I am just deciding which questions to just skip.

Life in Chintheche is nice- Hector is delightful, as always, though I'm worried that she is becoming a woman now, if you get my drift, and I'm looking for a solution to the possible puppy problem. This is why most Peace Corps volunteers get boy dogs, but she showed up at my doorstep shivering from the rain in the arms of one of my students, how could I say no?

The form 1 students are learning to use the library! I have started to poll students about which books they do and don't like- it turns out that they would like more books about sports, history, science, and animals. They tend to like folktales and other types of stories, but little kids books aren't as popular. Their reading levels are still developing, so things that are too difficult aren't really great, but anything with lots of illustrations and easy to follow readings are great.

Finally, anyone who has sent me a package since my break-in, they haven't arrived quite yet, but since I just got my birthday packages sent in early September, I'm sure they're coming. I did, however, get a letter from my Uncle Kenny, aka 'The Dude', about his golf game that was sent September 20. As always, it was a classic.

Love to all,

beeb

2 comments:

gomsu1988 said...

Good luck on the GRE. Don't let math psych you out. It's easier than you think.

Love, Kitty

Diana said...

My sister is a PCV in Malawi and she has depo shots for her female cat. Maybe you can look into that.