Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Back from Break, Piotr in Tow

Hey!

So I'm back in Chintheche, safe and sound. Some of you may know that when I am gone, I hire some students to look after my house and my dog- it just gives them a way to make money, and its nice to know Hector is, you know, alive. The downside is that when I return, things are not the way I'm used to (pots and pans in strange places, stuff like that). So Piotr and I are putting things to rights and cooking dinner, and we notice Hector is barking at the school desk that I use as my cooking space- it seems there is something inside. We thought it might be a roach or something, so we get the flashlight, and lo and behold, it is a bird- a pretty one too.

Hector wanted to eat it but we pushed it outside and went about our lives. The next day, Hector succeeded in eating it, and I was a little proud/horrified.

If all of that wasn't enough, my students came back the next day to pick up some stuff they'd forgotten... they asked me if I'd found their bird. I told them keeping a bird in a desk was weird, and that Hector ate it. Don't leave your dinner around if it is still breathing, you know?

Mommy's little killer :)

No comments: