Monday, April 26, 2010

GRRRGH!

Lesson Learned: Always listen to your dog.

Let me back up. Last night we had a huge rainstorm, wind, rain, the works. I have a tin roof, and a tree that likes to scratch my windows, so it is always a pretty loud deal whenever it rains. I had trouble sleeping last night, and had a ton of strange dreams:

Dream #1- I attempted to talk to someone in French, but it kept coming out Chitonga- so I had to actually think and translate each phrase from Chitonga into French. Very frustrating, though possibly encouraging, since hey, at least I wasn't speaking English

Dream #2- I was at my Family Reunion, picking out a room to stay in with my cousin Emily. I turn to Emily, and ask her why she is there, because isn't she taking summer classes, and can't make it? She asks me why I'm not in Malawi. Touche Emily.

Dream #3- The door to my courtyard keeps opening, someone is stealing my buckets.

Dream #3 turned out to not be a dream. Hector did her job and barked but Hector is always barking at crazy shit, so I didn't listen. Damn dog once attacked my mosquito net while we were both under it. Now I am missing about 5,000 kwacha worth of random stuff that was in my shower and courtyard area. It isn't a ton of money but, see, I don't have it, and so it becomes a lot more.

So lesson learned, listen to Hector.

3 comments:

gomsu1988 said...

That's too bad. Do you need anything replaced? At least Hector was protecting you. Zach is getting another box together. Is there anything special you'd like? He figures you are getting tired of yarn and school supplies.

Unknown said...

I'll gladly send you buckets from my heart!

eltonjaundice said...

i'm pretty smart in your dreams.