Friday, April 9, 2010

Back from the dirty dirty

Hello! I am writing to you maybe about ten pounds heavier thanks to the magic Esther is able to make over a charcoal village stove. The girl made flan and doughnuts in the same night- enough said. It was a very relaxing week- I had a lot of fun with a group of people heading south to climb mount mulanje, but we parted ways when I headed to Esther's. I like her site a lot, there are a lot of children (iwes) around. I don't speak the language they speak in the south (chichewa), so I spent a lot of time communing with the iwes through interpretive dance. Carrie, you will be proud to know that I taught them some polka in the form of the chicken dance- they are all ready for their first polish wedding.

Yesterday I booked it from Esther's in Zomba to Mzuzu, so I have been spending a lot of time on busses. Today, I am going home, which is a relief, and I will be joined by my roommate from training and her guest, last night we drank the stress of travel away at the mzoozoo zoo, which is always a good time.

that's it, love you all!

Also, shoutout to Meg's mom, because I now know you read this- sup Mrs. Watkins? Don't be a stranger :)

3 comments:

CL Reed said...

Oh dear, I can see it now. No one will be safe from being dragged to the dance floor by my mom from now on. If you try to protest, all you'll hear in return is "There are children in Africa who would love to be doing the Chicken Dance right now. Stop being selfish."

KS Moore said...

Oh Carrie, you KNOW I'm going to steal that line myself at every Whitecaps ballgame when it's time for the 7th inning stretch!

(There. Happy, Beeb? I commented.)

Love,
The lurking, cynical bitch
(in a good way) LOL!

gomsu1988 said...

I read your letter at book club tonight. we will be putting together another care package for you at next book club. Kate is going to send yhou another package, but to the local address. She felt bad about you having to carry all those packages back home.