Saturday, March 6, 2010

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step

...and ends with me asleep on a minibus

This is it for the frequent updates guys, later today I get on a minibus and hopefully pass the eff out once I get home. I'm excited to not have to worry about carrying around a big hiking pack for a while, also, I miss Hector the puppy.

Mzuzu was nice, though extremely muddy. I had a good time wandering around in the market yesterday, though I was really disappointed to see that the ENTIRE Tanzanian section of the market was closed, I guess they didn't pay their licenses (according to the drunk guy on the street)

One little thing- a bit of a beg- I know a lot of you out there like to get involved and help out, and I know a lot of you who read this are pretty good artists. Here in Malawi, we have a group called GAD (gender and development)- and as of right now, we are trying to think of a way to fund raise. We thought of a tee shirt design that would be pretty cool, and I was hoping that maybe one of you could help out with the art: we want a Malawian Rosie the Riveter. Cool, right? Only not a lot of us are artists, so we can't draw it. Just thought I'd put that out there.

That's about it, I'll write again in a few weeks! Peace,

Beeb

5 comments:

gomsu1988 said...

Sketch it out and send it. kate who sent you the box is a graphic artist professionally; several others are very good artists in their own right.

Are you going to make the t-shirts there? RetroDuck in East Lansing gives good deals on T-shirts if you want them made up. They also market nationally. The book club might provide a micro-loan.

Patricia Mac Donell said...

Beeb,
I can send materials for the women to screen their own t-shirts once Kitty gets the graphic. In this way, your group will be more sustainable. Remember when we used to screen t-shirts at God's Kitchen for the food drives (it's pretty easy). Please advise. Love you, mom

Patricia Mac Donell said...

Hi Beeb,
Having trouble with this... I'm suggesting that once Kitty get's graphic, I can send instructions and tools so women can screen the shirts themselves (thus enhancing the sustainability of the project). Let me know. Love you, Mom

Patricia Mac Donell said...

I'm having a tough time posting... I have some ideas about the women screening the shirts themselves thus enhancing sustainability! If only I could figure out how to log on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patricia Mac Donell said...

oooppps. As my hero Roseanne Rose-anna Danna would say, "never mind". Guess my posting were getting posted all along. Love you - your non-tech saavy mom.