Friday, March 12, 2010

Back to work

Oh mom, your frustration with the internet amuses me. I'm glad you were able to post.

things I realized this week:
-Malawians love to use autotune
-Hector the puppy will contentedly eat an entire bag of flour, but won't eat beans
-Ground coffee from home makes mornings in Malawi awesome
-My market is capable of being open while at the same time being completely free of all food
-I can live off of rice and beans for a week (see above)
-The ladies in my womens group can be kinda raunchy

Not much happened, I've just been adjusting to being back at home, I've read a book a day for the past few days, it's a good life charlie brown. I just wish they were selling food in the market near my house, but I guess this is the hungry season. The food from home has been a godsend this week, especially the protein powder and protein bars.

About the t-shirts, we are having them printed here in Malawi- prices are really cheap, you can get them printed here for much less than you can in the states. The group that is making them is comprised of Peace Corps volunteers, and what we do is plan camps for girls, give out scholarships for secondary school and other things like that, and we sell the shirts to other volunteers, ex-pats and people from home to raise money for the camps and scholarships and whatnot. Any designs can just be emailed to me, and I can print them out here from my local internet cafe.

ok! Stay safe everyone, I love you all!

No comments: