Sunday, November 22, 2009

Phones?! What!

Hey guys! I don't have much time to write, so I'll keep this quick!

We recently got our phones, so if you want to give me a call, you can either:

a) check facebook, where I have posted my number

or

b) call either my mom, my dad, or Chris who all have the number. Otherwise, I guess I'm not big on the whole giving my phone number out on the internet thing, so I figure, if we aren't friends on facebook, or if you don't know my parents or my brother, then why exactly do you want to call me long distance?

Otherwise, life here is good! I have met some of my fellow teachers, and saw the outside of the house I will be living in. Apparently I have a lemon tree in my backyard! and a mango tree across the street!!! I am getting very big on fresh fruit, as you can tell.

Sorry to be so brief, but I just wanted to say that I am happy and healthy, and hey, at least I haven't gotten dysentery... yet (it happened to one of us already)

3 comments:

Pat said...

Exciting, exciting, I will have to call you! I'm going to have to figure out what time would be best, though...

Robert Shaheen said...

I'm so glad you're safe and situated - I can only imagine the landscape looks fairly similar to Muscle Shoals - where is the nearest WalMart?
Did you get my card!? :)

gomsu1988 said...

I have made contact with the woman from MSU, Vicki Morrone. she is headed to malawi on december 9 and is willing to bring back letters for you.She will be in lilongwe as well as out in the northern part of Malawi.we will give her your contact number to make contact.She told us that the Nobel Malawi phone card gives the best rates. i'll get one for Zach so he can call you. Did the packages get there? kitty